The Lake Pend Oreille Waterkeeper (LPOW) Program Director is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in all aspects of the management of the organization and its operations. The full-time staff person reports directly to the Executive Director of Lake Pend Oreille Waterkeeper.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Executive Director to:
· Raise the organization’s profile within the community and garner support for complex issues related to water quality and conservation of water resources.
· Financially support the organization through various mechanisms including recruitment and management of members, grant proposal preparation, fundraising events, cultivation of major donors and other opportunities as they emerge.
· Communicate the status of LPOW’s initiatives to members and the community at large through regular e-newsletters, social media posts, mailings and other means as needed.
· Prepare written documents and/or oral presentations addressing various water quality-based initiatives.
· Recruit, train, coordinate and supervise volunteers and volunteer-based projects.
· Organize and staff public events.
· Work on other projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as environmental science or related field
· Demonstrated commitment to environmental protection.
· Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite.
· Previous non-profit experience preferred.
· Previous fundraising experience preferred.
· Ability to safely operate watercraft preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Highly motivated self-starter with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to facilitate meetings and communicate effectively.
· Flexibility to accommodate irregular daily tasks.
· Understanding issues affecting water quality.
· Diplomacy and strong critical thinking skills.
· Driver’s license and dependable transportation.
Competitive non-profit salary, commensurate with experience. Position is contingent on continued funding. The successful candidate is expected to fund at least 25% of their salary through various fundraising mechanisms.
Please email your resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com